One of the most frequently asked questions we receive is , How soon can my baby perform a paternity test? In this article we answer this question.
There is no specific age for a child to perform DNA test for the purposes of establishing paternity. As soon as a child is born the baby can be tested with the alleged father.
The earliest a child can be tested is several days after the mother has given birth. This is assuming the child is given a clean bill of health from the hospital. DNA sample collections can be performed at a hospital or at home if we have a mobile collector in your city. If the baby can travel the sample collection can be done in-office.
1. Contact IDTO to coordinate a DNA sample collection appointment at 888-204-0583.
2. Have your samples collected by a certified DNA sample collector.
3. After samples are collected they will be shipped back to the lab for genetic analysis.
4. Once all DNA samples arrive at the lab. The average turnaround time for your result is 2 to 3 business days. Same results are available for an additional cost. Please contact our office at 888-204-0583 to inquire about our Same day DNA testing service.
5. Upon completion of your result. An assigned DNA technician will contact you and update about the status of your result. A copy will then be mailed out to your home.
© 2018 | IDTO DNA Testing Center