What is immigration DNA Testing?
An immigration DNA test is testing that can be used to prove a biological relationship when there is a lack of submitted primary evidence to USCIS or an Embassy.
Did you recently receive a letter from USCIS, a U.S. Embassy from your country, or the U.S. Passport Agency requesting additional secondary evidence for you to provide proof of a familial biological relationship? If you answered yes. Then you have come to the right place. Since 2004, IDTO DNA Paternity Testing Center has helped hundreds of families in the U.S. and around the world with their immigration DNA testing needs. Some of the services we provide are as follows: Paternity Tests, Maternity Tests, and Sibling DNA Testa.
How the Immigration Testing and Sample Collection process works:
- 1. In order to perform a DNA test for immigration purposes, you need to receive a Request for Evidence letter like the I-130. The letter normally provides the option to perform a DNA test to prove a biological relationship.
- 2. Upon receipt of your request for an evidence letter, contact IDTO at 888-204-0583 and allow one of our DNA relationship testing consultants the opportunity to assist you with getting started.
- 3. After your appointment set-up, your DNA samples will be collected and shipped to the accredited DNA lab. The laboratory will be responsible for sending a DNA test kit to the Embassy in your country. Families who all reside in the U.S. will have a much shorter turnaround time for their testing to be completed.
- 4. Once your DNA test kit arrives at the Embassy. The Embassy will be responsible for coordinating your family member’s DNA sample collection appointment. Please note, The lab is not involved with appointment scheduling in countries outside of the United States.
- 5. After the samples are collected in your country. The samples will be shipped back to the lab here in the U.S. for comparative analysis. The average turnaround time for your result to be completed is 1 to 3 business days from the date on which the lab receives all DNA samples.
- Note: All international DNA tests have an average turnaround time of 6 to 8 weeks sometimes longer.
- 6. When your result is completed. One of our DNA relationship testing consultants will contact you with your DNA test result status update. A copy of your DNA result will be mailed out to the requesting immigration office on your family’s behalf. A copy will also be emailed and a physical copy will be mailed out to your home.
Please note: The facilities we partner with are accredited by the AABB to conduct a legal chain of custody DNA testing. If you are in need of professional DNA Paternity Testing services Please do not hesitate to contact our office today at 888-204-0583 to get started.